Thursday, August 3, 2017

I Love to See the Temple

This week was definitely a week to remember; one to put in the record books for sure. We are still working with members for referrals, less active members and finding new investigators. We are trying hard to get our current investigator pool to move forward and progress, but sometimes the work slows down. July is coming to a close, and I have no idea where it went. Elder Jackson will be going home in three days, what a great time we've had together. He'll do great things I'm sure of it.

The best thing that has happened on my mission so far was going to the temple with Brad! Our nearest temple is the Gila Valley Temple in Thatcher, AZ.  Brad, his wife, and his son Gabe picked us up last week and off we went to Temple. It's about an hour and a half drive, so it's a good thing we're super close with Brad and his family haha. We had a great time talking and getting to know each other better. Brad and I are becoming good friends, and he and I will definitely keep in touch after my mission. We had the opportunity to do Baptisms for the Dead, where I was able to baptize Brad and then confirm 4 generations of his family. We did work for his dad, his grandpa, great-grandpa, and great-great-grandpa!  They now have the opportunity to accept the gospel in the Spirit World. I know Brad had a wonderful experience, and what a treat it was for me to help him in this journey!

Soon enough, Elder Jackson will be gone, so it will just be me and my Micronesian companion running this show. haha. The odds for me staying in Silver City for another transfer are small. So for the next three weeks I'll try to soak-in as much of this cool air as I can, before I head off to my second area. Let's all pray Arizona will simmer down before I get there. :) 

Love, Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment