Monday, August 21, 2017

Onward I Go

It finally happened. My time here in Silver City has come to a close. It's a bitter sweet moment for me. I feel strongly that my service here has been good and it is time to move on. As I reflected this Sunday in Sacrament meeting, I truly felt that there is not much more I have to offer this area. I have had wonderful experiences and even seen many miracles happen. I will remember many of the members, their goodness and strong testimonies. I will never forget the opportunity of sharing the gospel and being an instrument in our Heavenly Father's plan, to teach, bless and even baptize. 

I was able to go calf branding one last time with Bro. MacDonald on his ranch. So that was fun! And... I was also able to see and say goodbye to Brad before my departure later today. I will not forget him.

I will be traveling to Tucson tomorrow with another load of missionaries making transfers.  A long day in a white van I've been told.  But it will be good to see the other missionaries and to move on.  I will be serving in Lordsburg New Mexico, about 45 minutes south of Silver City.  Its a smaller town, but I'm sure our area covers an even larger area of towns.  It will be interesting.

2Nephi 24:16-17

"They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and shall consider thee, and shall say: Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms?

"And made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof, and opened not the house of his prisoners?"

Satan is nothing, he has no power over us unless we give it to him. When we see him, our hearts will turn from his unrighteousness dominion. He has nothing to offer. He loves us not. Those of his followers who cry unto him for relief or saving, will be screaming unto deaf ears. Choose this day who you will serve.

You cannot serve two masters. We make this choice everyday, so get on your knees and join God. He has already won the war, but it doesn't mean Lucifer won't put up a fight.

Keep God close, and he will deliver you. 


Love, Elder West


No comments:

Post a Comment