Monday, July 31, 2017

Bob

Our special "little" New Yorker was baptized this week. Well...actually he's not so little; he is a towering 6 foot 5 inches tall and pushing 300 pounds! Luckily I didn't have to get in the water with him haha. We had a great baptismal service, everyone who attended was sincere and kind, and the spirit was definitely there. To get Bob to this point, there was a lot of fellowship from the Ward towards both Bob and his non member parents. (so we will see what becomes of his parents.) After the baptism his parents had a reception at their home (which was real nice) and then members went over to Bobs place for a BBQ he was throwing. He's going to fit right in. (I forgot to take pictures sorry) 

Silver City has opened up her arms and has been pouring out its blessings. Pouring blessings of both investigators and more RAIN. The rain has been coming down every day this week. It's not very hot in Silver City, (so that's good I guess) but I always smell like wet dog!  Nearly every house has a pet and all of them want to lay on me for some reason, wet or dry; and then I get wet and smelly.... Blah. 

I got word from President Browning this past week that I most likely won't be staying in Silver City for another transfer. 🙁 BOO ...so I'm going to cherish these next four weeks.  I've learned to love this place and especially the people! 

Our missionary message to everyone has been: "through a modern day prophet, God has restored knowledge about the plan of salvation, which is centered on Christ's atonement and fulfilled by living the first principles and ordinances of the gospel."  I love this message!  As we all focus on our callings (no matter where we are), we can come to know Christ more fully, to be better people, and have charity towards our brothers and sisters. Joseph Smith truly has done more for this world than any other man, (other than Christ himself.) If we center our lives in the gospel we may return back to live with our Father in Heaven once again. 

Believe you can Achieve, and you will Succeed. (corny quote of the week...😁 lol)

Love, Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment