Sunday, October 8, 2017

Hard for a Rich Man to Enter into Heaven

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:23-24

Remember that it is the things of the world that keep us out of the Kingdom of God. Seek not to get gain but to have abundance to give. The dynamic of Oro Valley, AZ is very different from the humble confines of Silver City, NM. There is a lot of wealth in my new area. Many of the people we become in contact with look upon the treasures of the world and think "What more could I need?", oh how little do they know.

2 Nephi 9:30 reaffirms "... And behold, their treasure shall perish with them also."

What a treat is was to listen and watch General Conference, to treasure God's word. He puts valuable tools and information in our reach in order to uplift us and those around us. In accordance with the Church's recent push to use every available resource, the Arizona Tucson missionaries are now able to use Facebook.  We can begin using Facebook to find those interested in the church and a way to communicate with investigators in a different sphere of influence. What a time to be a missionary! I am also able to use Facebook Messenger (which is our main focus in communication) to contact those at home during our allotted email time on Monday's. So for those who would rather contact me through Facebook, Garret West is my name (obviously), and my picture will be me with a white shirt tie, and name tag on.  I only have 90 minutes on my p-day to use Facebook so I hope we can all connect!

I hope everyone is doing well, and I invite everyone to read through our last General Conference addresses when they become available, and pick out a principle or call to action a principle you can work-on to further convert yourself to the Lord.

I thank you for all the prayers and support that I have received.

Love, Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment