Monday, March 27, 2017

Honey, where's the gun?

This week was very, very... interesting to say the least. Elder VanSweden and I had a weird start to this week. We had a dinner appointment with a family who is notorious for getting elders sick with their food. And.... guess what we got for dinner?... Sushi. The moment I heard Sushi, I prepared myself physically and mentally for the destruction of my insides. Haha jk.  Unfortunately the food was bad, but I was alright. 

Later that night while we were teaching the same family, we heard something move or make a loud noise outside. All of us went silent and we heard footsteps by the window. All of a sudden the boys in the house sprang into action!  All I could hear them yelling was "where's the machete?! " and "where's the shotgun?! " All of the boys got a gun or some sharp object, ran outside and started looking in the dark for this random individual who chose the wrong house to mess with. We looked around but didn't find anyone, it sure did get me fired up though! haha. 

There were a lot of miracles I experienced this week. I got an answer to a prayer I was wanting for awhile now; the Lord truly has his own timeline. But all the wait was worth it!.....  Speaking of waiting, I also had the opportunity to phone some of our less active members and try to set up appointments to meet with them. This one older sister I spoke with, bless her heart, had me on the phone for 42 minutes! She was talking about this and that, caffeine and anything else that crossed her mind. I said maybe three words during the entire phone call until we had to leave for our dinner appointment that night haha. 

Our visits to Mimbres, NM have been amazing! One miracle is that the family that we are teaching have two kids who are baptism age, but we just found out last week that another one of their kids will be turning 8 only a few days before the family's baptism date! He wants to be baptized too, so now we have three baptisms for one family!

I wish I could tell y'all everything that's been happening out here. All you need to know is that God is truly preparing people for me to teach, and I am so grateful for New Mexico and the people here. Keep on keeping on. 

Love, Elder West 



No comments:

Post a Comment