Sunday, January 6, 2019

Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone!  It was so great to see and speak with family on Christmas.  

A great scripture that I recently read. "Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. Do not anger again because of mine enemies. Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions. Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation."
-2 Nephi 4:27-30

I think Nephi has it figured out, if we give place for the adversary he will make room and stay there if we let him.

2018 has been good! I've made a lot of changes this year, but I'm not through yet! 

My Resolution: Show greater love towards God, others, and myself. The funny thing is all three basically revolve around others. We all know Mosiah 2:17  "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" and of course Matthew 16:25 "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." As for me and this next year, I would consider myself unworthy to progress if I cannot follow the two greatest and simplistic commandments there are, of which all other commandments follow. 

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." 
-Matthew 22:37-40

I feel that I cannot move forward in my spiritual, emotional, or relational development without a keen adept of love. So I resolve to be more loving, to open my heart, to express my affection.

Paul says it best. Our worth and devotion needs be "written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart." -2 Corinthians 3:3

May we all have a Happy New Year and enjoy each other when I return!

Elder West

*Cooking breakfast for our Zone Christmas morning 😇



No comments:

Post a Comment