Monday, August 27, 2018

July 30 - I think I broke my nose

"For your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." 
-3 Nephi 13:32-33

Another great week but it was a crazy transfer let me tell you! We have four new companionship's training four new missionaries in our Zone, so organizing everyone to get to Tucson and back was a chore. We are also closing an area, so we are splitting up their Wards into two other companionship's. It's like playing domino's with Elders. Enough of the Zone stuff... now down to my area and further changes. Since school will be starting soon we will be dropping our two "Family Wards" to make room to cover more students and YSA Wards. So much is going on it's crazy, but a lot of great stuff!

Earlier this week we got a "sick" referral from a YSA member who is just Golden! Our member who told us about him said we should invite him to be baptized... so on our first visit in the member's home ... we did just that!  And he said yes. Golden right?  He will be getting baptized on August 18th! We've met with him twice this week and he is doing great!

Another major event was our service on last Friday. Some Sisters asked (okay...basically begged) us to help them "clean" a guys yard and house. So we picked up some other Elders to help out the Sisters and this guy they've been working with, but none of us were expecting to be there very long. The Sisters asked if we could start at 6 a.m., so we woke up at 5:30 in order to get there on time. To make a long story short, I'm pretty sure most of the time we "cleaning" we weren't even on ground level! We were ACTUALLY there to help re-roof and level the house. The roof was rotting away so we polished it up with 2×4's and plywood etc, etc. Sounds more like hard labor and carpentry, not "cleaning," but it's all good. We helped them level the house with jacks under the pillars and foundation of the home (BTW which can slip off the structure and crush you). Eight hours later we were still there. It was fun, but not what we were anticipating...thanks Sisters. 😇

During one of our morning basketball sessions (ball is life) I did indeed broke my nose. There's this Elder who is like 6'3" who I was wrecking in the paint. I was playing on him hard, keeping him honest, and he goes ahead and posts-me-up, then turns and the back of his head slams me right on the bridge of my nose. He felt the pop on the back of his head and I definitely felt it. The break lacerated my nose and there was just a waterfall of blood spewing out my nostrils. I'm all good now though. Haha.

Today is our p-day and we are riding up in our large van to see three of the most powerful telescopes in the world! Mt. Graham is amazing! Should be a good day.

Appreciate all your letters and boxes.  You're the best!!

Have a good one y'all.  Love, Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment