Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Investigator Brad & the Holy Ghost

Hi everyone!  

B B B Radical for the win! Our investigator Brad is really moving along. He's been around missionaries for years now. His kids are baptized and a part of the church. His wife is an active member. He LOVES the church and has for a while now. So why hasn't he gotten baptized yet?  Elder VanSweden and I have been helping him out with those challenges and stresses holding him back. He's completely aware that baptism is important, and he wants to get sealed to his wife in the temple. But sometimes our lives hold us back from becoming what we want to be. And we hold ourselves back from becoming what God knows we can become. 

I'll get back to Brad, but let me tell you what's been going on lately with me. 

My district in Silver City, NM went to a Zone Conference in Arizona.  We were able to go to the Temple while we were out there... it never ceases to amaze me how peaceful and serene temples are. Unfortunately, I was limping the entire because because I hurt (rolled over) BOTH of my ankles the day before the trip (it's long story, but safe to day that I didn't feel good). 

Our days have been filled service, and I love it. Horses from the rescue ranch are doing good as always. We was able to eat more Rocky Mountain Oysters while flanking and branding calf's at Brother McDonald's ranch (its a ranch not a farm) haha. Also, something new to eat on the ranch...I got to eat cow tongue. It was, well interesting ... but nothing beats the taste of a fresh hamburger!  Yummmmmmmm.

Getting serious now. Prayer is real, and combined with daily scripture study of the Book of Mormon, it WILL help you. I've seen it in our investigator Brad and Ruth Seawolf. Both of them have had stumbling blocks in their way toward baptism. But, being obedient and following the admonition of our prophet Pres. Monson, as he promised this last conference, daily prayer and study of our good book, will give us the companionship of the spirit.  The Holy Ghost is what testifies of truth. His holy calling is to lead us towards truth, and keep us on the straight and narrow path towards the tree of life. 

I've realized a lot more about the Holy Spirit, and how he helps me in my missionary work. As I'm in a lesson, I can distinctly feel the Spirit there. Either strong or quiet. As long as it's there, the lesson is being directed where it needs to go. And I can feel the same spirit our investigators feel; and more importantly what the spirit wants OF them. Sometimes it's a quiet presence, encouraging them to gain further knowledge of our gospel. And sometimes it's strong and there is no doubt that the burning in the bosom is the Holy Spirit testifying of truth. But in each instance, I know what the spirit is doing, and it helps me distinguish what others need. 

As long as we are in-tune with our Holy companion, we will NEVER be lead astray. Keep him in our lives, so we can live and become the people we were meant to be. Stay near and you'll never stray afar.

Love, Elder West 

Taken from our mission car (truck):


No comments:

Post a Comment