Monday, September 3, 2018

Outra point .IV

Great scripture I like this week: "But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not." - Mosiah 4:30

Hello all! Quick update...🐐

I received a call from President Browning on Saturday telling me that I will be leaving the Gila Valley and receiving a new assignment. I'm going back to Tucson and its a bike area; Yay! He asked me to train a new missionary, and I will be "white-washing" an area in the city, which means neither of us have been in that area, it's a newly re-opened area, so we can get a good look and REVAMP the work. I'm so excited, I love biking! And I'll be having another son! I'm soooooexcited! With a greeny missionary, straight out of the MTC, I'll have no appointments, no prior work, and no idea what to do in this area... but it'll be great. I am sad to leave this area and Elder Brown. These past two transfers were probably the best of my mission so far.

On Saturday we had another baptism in our young single adult Ward, our investigator Mianna. She was sooo prepared I feel like we did nothing at all but lead her through the lessons. It was really fun teaching someone my own age, it's a different feel than teaching adults. The YSA Wards are fun and I survived the summer months, so now back Tucson. It should be a ride.

We just started teaching this new investigator, a FLDS kid.  It's interesting how he can have a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and not believe in the continuation of the priesthood into the Restored Church of Jesus Christ. He's a good kid and he wants to be baptized once he is ready.  We aren't sure when "ready" is.  Unfortunately, I won't get to see him through the lessons nor see his view of the church, but the process has helped me better understand and appreciate my own testimony. I don't think I've ever doubted the church, I've probably just doubted myself; which we all tend to do at some point in our lives. It's a good thing we have a God who is ALWAYS there and we have a Savior who suffered for us. "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen." - D&C 6:36-37  Another great scripture for the week.

Peace-out.  Love ya'll!

-Elder G. West


No comments:

Post a Comment