Wednesday, May 30, 2018

April 30 to Gila Valley Zone


April 30th

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24

To my surprise I was transferred from Sierra Vista a few weeks ago after only being there for three months! A few highlights these past 6 weeks since I have been a slacker on my letter writing. Sorry everyone...

I was asked to be the District Leader of the Sierra Vista area in January. Elder Dickinson became my companion when I first arrived but then left 4 days later due to health complications... Elder Gee became my next companion.

Elder Gee and built up a great teaching pool from nearly nothing.  We had the opportunity to do service with some members in the Ward (I'll include pictures).  We helped out at a camp site and ended up making s'mores for the kids. (the little kids asked me to help them out).

I got to defeather, gut, and clean a chicken.  That was interesting.  I promoted my little chick to Elder for the day. hehe

In April I was transferred to the Gila Valley Zone and asked to be a Zone Leader. Sadly I had to say goodbye to Barbara, she will be getting baptized soon!!  I'm so proud of her! :)

Gila Valley is basically small town rural Arizona. I've already worked with my new companion before, so I know we will get along and we both like to work hard.  But I'm really upset to leave a biking area! We have to travel throughout the Zone to attend District meetings, move missionaries around from one area to another, work with our zone missionaries, and help train the District leaders, so we have an awesome van! 

Not much more to tell, but you'll be hearing from me soon as I head to Eastern Arizona University YSA!  😏  haha, JK

Love Elder West

Gila Valley

Barbara's First Day at Church





No comments:

Post a Comment