Sunday, March 25, 2018

Down with Elder Downey

My time with Elder Downey has sadly come to a close. It's been a good six weeks my man! Before Elder Downey leaves, we went to lunch at this sushi joint they have out here. It's one of those "hole-in-the-wall" kind of place, but I was surprised; it wasn't too bad and we didn't seem to get sick. We also tried hard to solve our Rubik's cube in under a minute, Elder Downey was a little faster than me (and I taught him how to solve it), but I'm a proud Daddy :).

Our current teaching pool isn't very big, but we are working hard to get into people's homes. The one person we are trying really hard to help is Barbara, and she has just been a missionaries dream! She's about 75 years old and I love her to death! She loves the Book of Mormon, she know's Joseph Smith is a prophet, and she finds so much peace from knowing the Plan of Salvation. She wants to be baptized, but the only problem is that she has social anxiety.  It's very difficult for her to get out and attending church meetings may not easy for her either. She is very comfortable with us, so we are praying that in time she'll gain the courage to come out of her apartment.

Spiritual message of the week..

"Wo be unto them that shall pervert the ways of the Lord after this manner, for they shall perish except they repent. Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear."
-Moroni 8:16

How can you gain power? Boldness+Love=Power. If we can overcome fear, we can overcome the stratagem of the devil.

The upcoming transfer Elder Downey is leaving and I will still remain as the District leader (blah), giving training's and so on.  So sorry if I don't feel up to preparing a very spiritual e-mail, I'll try to be better in the future.

Until next week.  Love,
Elder West

Pictures:

1) a funny sign we saw this week
2) my current Rubik's cube record.  53 second
3) picture of our District (the chairs indicate how many transfers each missionary has left before heading home)





No comments:

Post a Comment