Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Knock, knock...

"Be wise in the days of your probation; strip yourselves of all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your lusts, but ask with a firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and living God."
-Mormon 9:28

I've had an incredible experience in the La Cholla Ward. I'll be here a little longer, and I'm happy about that! The work has been slow, we walk and knock, and knock again tracking in our streets most of our days. I know we are planting seeds, we just aren't the ones who will be harvesting! That's difficult, especially when there are so many others who seem to be having so much more "success" than us. But we determine our worth from within, and I feel that Heavenly Father is grateful for our diligence and hard work. Sorry there is not much to report. Sorry.

One cool experience I had this week was with a few answers to my prayers while doing my regular studies. I've felt like the adversary has been working on me, and has warped my thoughts; he is definitely trying to get me down.  But have too much energy and work to do to let that sway me! But still, you ask questions and get down when things aren't going the way you would like. The Ensign answered that question for me. "The War Goes On" April 2017, really helped remind me of the influence Satan can have on us if we let him. He knows not our thoughts, but he can put them in our minds if we let them "fester." That gave me comfort and solace in a time of need.

God's love surpasses all comprehension. His depth and care cannot be described. As we walk in His ways, we are following a path that has been laid for us long before we were. They are footprints in the sand, with every careful step placed, we move forward towards our divine potential. No one knows where it may take us! But with a foundation built on Christ, that faith can make anything happen. Past life, our greatest gift is Eternal Life in the presence of whose latches I am unworthy to loose. Jesus' final sacrifice set us at liberty to act for ourselves, so we would not be acted upon. We owe everything to our Lord.

Pictures:

Elder Remus and I helped set up some roosters on top of our Ward Mission Leader's cabinets... Not to bad if I say so myself! 

Teaching a lesson to some members' kids

Some Legos Elder Remus got for Christmas, haha



No comments:

Post a Comment