Sunday, February 19, 2017

First MTC Letter

Hey everyone, this is Elder West! The past couple of days have been amazing, everyone is so nice and thoughtful. My companion Elder Lawrence is really cool, and he is going to serve in the Arizona Tucson Mission too! My other roomies are Elder Wallis and Elder Rogers. We all are very fun going people, so I think I can sleep fine without having to worry if one of them will strangle me during the night haha. Our first day was jam packed, I didn't have a lot of time to think about home or anything else; all I could think about was the Lord and His work. Besides my companion, Elder Wallis is going to serve in Tucson also. His companion will be going to New York, New York South. 

My district is small, but we have been able to become very close because of it. Our sisters are softhearted and loving, they have a special place in my heart. None of them are going to Arizona sadly, but I know we will stay in touch. Every day is kinda the same, we go through the same schedule. The only thing that changes are the lessons and the food haha. All of us in our district got callings, and I have the wonderful opportunity to be the District Leader while I'm here in the MTC. It will be a great blessing to be able to serve these wonderful Elders and Sisters. 

During lunch the other day, a sister accidentally tripped and fell and her chocolate milk splashed on my white shirt! She was alright, but my shirt (RIP) has to be cleaned up good. 

I've definitely seen a change in myself in the short amount of time I've been here. I'm beginning to find a love for the people around me like I've never had before. And I know it is because of the intense spirit that is felt here. There is no better place to prepare to serve, and I will make it a point to work as hard as I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment